Among Seth MacFarlane’s jokes and Jennifer Lawrence’s fall, stars received their much-anticipated trophies
Story by: Jamie Soule
This year’s Oscars ceremony was the 85th anniversary of the Academy Awards. The highlights are as follows:
- Best Picture: “Argo,” Ben Affleck
- Best Director: Ang Lee, “Life of Pi“
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, “Lincoln“
- Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, “Django Unchained“
- Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, “Silver Linings Playbook“
- Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, “Les Misérables“
With Jack Nicholson, First Lady Michelle Obama via the White House helped hand Ben Affleck the award for his film’s best picture, “Argo.” The film took away 3 trophies at the Oscars.
“Life of Pi,” directed by Ang Lee, won 4 awards. The best director’s win over Steven Spielberg and his movie “Lincoln” was a major upset.
And yet, no one can forget Jennifer Lawrence’s graceful trip up the stairs as she accepted her award for best actress. Host Seth MacFarlane gave her a break on that slip-up, despite his attack on many other A-listers.